Monday, January 31, 2011

Caherbarnagh (Hike...Round 2!)

After my day trip to Kinsale on Saturday, I woke up early Sunday for my second hike with the UCC Mountaineering Club. If it's possible, it was even more breathtaking than the first. We took an hour and a half bus ride to Caherbarnagh, just west of Milstreet, and started our journey...up, up, up!



Joanie being crazy

Up we go

One of my favorite moments of capture

More patchwork quilt action!


Rebecca and I

Kasey, Laura, and I


Harry, our trusty leader, braving the ice. He later invented an ingenious game where we would throw rocks, break the ice, then try to slide rocks into the holes we made (I think we were delusional at this point)

I'm still not used to so much green!

This hike was still a series of direct, uphill mountain climbing, needless to say I was exhausted by the time I got home Sunday night (Mom can attest to my virtual incoherence on Skype). Yet, I was talking to my friend who lives in Dublin, and she says she never gets a chance to see the countryside so I feel extremely lucky to experience something like this! The perks of living in a town like Cork where you have a city feel, but it only takes an hour or so to get out to rural places. I'm glad I went with my gut instinct and chose Corcaigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment